Welcome to the Quietlands Development Group
QUIETLANDS DEVELOPMENT GROUP - Real Estate Development in harmony with nature.
Quietlands Development Group is incorporated as a nonprofit entity in the State of Tennessee, USA.
Foremost in the design and development of communities is our understanding that people are an important part of the ecosystem. Humans have needs for housing, sustenance and an acceptable quality of life, likewise, they must exist in harmony with other members in our ecosystem. Finding a balance between the two is the goal of the Quietlands Development Group.
The qualities of a Quietlands Development Group community are a lifestyle of comfort, recreation, friendship, the ability to relax and collect your thoughts in an environment to reflect and move forward. As developers we focus on the fact that we are not just building communities, but, also we are offering a special lifestyle for the people living in those communities.
Our development group is a blended balance of various expertises and personalities. Part of the team consists of a large golf course community Real Estate developer and individuals with experience in commercial and architectural design. On the other end of the spectrum are world recognized ecologists. The result is the ability of the group to conceive, design and produce financially successful and environmentally friendly golf course communities based on sound business plans.
One of our strongest assets is to recognize cost effective solutions to achieve the lifestyle goals that will ultimately guarantee financial success. Quietlands Development Group offers marketing, sales and financial plans that work. Our designs are cost effective and are adapted to the existing topography. Our community plans offer future financial growth and ecological improvement that maintain a sustainable environment. The Quietlands Development Group promotes communities where quality lifestyle, nature and strong business plans live in harmony.
The Quietlands Development Group is a joint venture founded by six principals; Drs. Steve Bartell, Lee Shugart, and Yegang Wu, Prof. Robert E. Swain, Mr. Richard G. Heinsohn, Jr., and Mr. Gary Best. Each Principal is recognized internationally as an expert as evidenced by their substantive contributions in their particular field of endeavor. Areas of expertise, which are particularly applicable to Quietlands Development Group, include:
- Land, Community and Mountain Developments (Mr. Richard G. Heinsohn, Jr.)
- Golf Ecosystem (Dr. Steven M. Bartell)
- Environmental Toxicology, Protection and Sustainability (Dr. Lee R. Shugart)
- Ecological Risk Assessment (Dr. Yegang Wu)
- Commercial and Residential Architecture Design (Mr. Gary Best)
- Mr. Richard G. Heinsohn, Jr. is the President of White Oak Reality and Construction & Restoration Company, a Real Estate broker, commercial and residential contractor, best known for his last large development in Townsend Tennessee known as Laurel Valley.
- Dr. Steven M. Bartell is the President of The Golf Ecosystem™, a company that applies "state-of-the-science" technology and management experience to maximize the economic and ecological performance of the entire golfing complex, while minimizing its operational footprint and reducing potential environmental liabilities.
- Dr. Lee R. Shugart is the President of L.R. Shugart & Associates, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in environmental issues. Customers include The Canadian Wildlife Service, ExxonMobil Corporation, U.S. Department of Energy, The University of Mississippi, the City of Porto, Portugal, the New University of Lisbon, Portugal; The Argentine Museum of Natural Sciences, Buenos Aires, the United Nations Environmental Program and The United States Geological Survey.
- Dr. Yegang Wu is an Ecological Modeler. He has more than 28 years of experience in ecological modeling and spatial model development for watershed and ecosystem restoration, wetland management, forest fire management, vegetation dynamics, wildlife and habitat protection, landscape pattern analysis, and impacts of water quality and agricultural runoff on ecosystems.
- Mr. Gary Best is the President of Best and Associates, a commercial and residential architectural design company that has designed Animal/Veterinary Buildings, Banking/Financial and Child Care Facilities, Dormitories, Golfing Facilities, Gyms and Athletic Buildings, Hotels/Motels, Multi-Unit Residential, Offices, Postal Facilities, Recreational Facilities, Religious Facilities, Rental Warehouses, Restaurants, Shopping Centers, Single Family Residential, Theaters, Warehouse/Office.